What is Ferrofluid? In short, it is a liquid that responds to magnets and magnetic fields. Ferrofluid is an extremely fine powder, coated with a soap-like material called a surfactant, and suspended in a mineral oil liquid base. The resulting magnetic suspension is called a ferrofluid. When no magnetic field is present, ferrofluid behaves and flows like a normal liquid. However, when a magnet or magnetic field is introduced, the ferrofluid is attracted to the field. The ferrofluid aligning itself to the magnetic fields creates fun and interesting shapes and lines, letting you see what a magnetic field looks like.
Please take care when handling ferrofluid. Besides being fun to play with, it also is capable of staining everything it comes into contact with. Please make sure to take care when using it.
Ferrofluid should never be used for applications involving loudspeakers. Ferrofluid can be hazardous or even fatal if swallowed or if it enters airways. Ferrofluid can cause skin irritation or serious eye irritation.
The material safety data sheet can be found at the following address: https://ferrofluid.ferrotec.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/efhsds.pdf
- Ferrofluid Reacts to Magnetic Fields and Shows Captivating Patterns When Exposed to a Magnetic.
- Great for Visualizing Magnetic Fields and Educating Students About the Effects That Magnets Have on Every Day Objects.
- Applications: Magnetic Education, School Science Projects, or for Fun.
- Please Note: Due to the Materials Present in This Ferrofluid, It Has an Increased Capacity to Stain Objects and Surfaces That Otherwise Wouldn’t Be Stained.
- Warning: This product should never be used for loudspeaker applications. This product can be hazardous or even fatal if swallowed or allowed to enter airways. May cause eye and skin irritation.